Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Grandma Hope

My grandmother passed away. We miss her. She had such a great sense of humor and was an amazingly hard worker. They always said she was the "best man on the farm". We were able to attend the funeral which was a wonderful celebration of her life as well as a joyful reunion for us on this side and one Grandma and Grandpa and loved ones on the other side too.

Allie drew this picture the day she found out that grandma had left.
Just a few random shots from that weekend.


Please don't go but if you do, Allie will draw you a picture and Rachel will sing for you.
Never mind. They will do it for you anyway.

We drove home and the next day was my birthday. Our dear friends the Hedricks brought me a birthday cake. They are so dear to us.
I feel so blessed by the many people in my life. You are all so "speshel" to me.

On a side note, Jason said the funeral was a real eye-opener for him in that he learned so much about me and who I am by learning more about my Grandma.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Sorry for your loss. I understand I was just there myself.

HAppy HAppy Birthday dear freind!!!
This is really belated. I am not good at remembering much these days and FB, well I go days with out it at times. Gasp.......It is usually good at reminding of birthdays

I can not believe how big Rachel is, what a cutie.

Ranch Mom said...

What cute pictures. I love the one of Luke and his cousin. Rachael is a doll. Allie is really speshel. So are you Joy.

Dad

Wendy said...

I love all those photos! So beautiful! Except for the one of me- I look fat!

Jason and Joy said...

Wendy you look happy! I love that picture because of your smile!