Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer of 2011 - Round 3

Does Luke zooming by in this picture- and thus slightly out of focus- make your head spin?! Well good because now you understand my feelings about our summer. I really focused on PLAYING with my kids this summer! Oh we did chores as well. Everyday was supposed to be a new chore (like totally cleaning out the book shelf and other big projects). We did crafts and swam and and read and went on adventures (Explora, community garden, watering the plants at that house with the scary dogs that jump on you). We watched very little TV -hooray!- and it just zoomed by.
Our little 4th of July firecracker! Spent the evening with dear friends.
We really played hard all summer...
and had friends over...
and I mentioned special projects... like let's try to use every single piece of the train set...
and it just zoomed by I tell you- ZOOMED!
I love how Allie's hair is just flowing behind her. Something about that makes me think of carefree summer days. Yes like the ones just passed.I absolutely insist that you click on this photo of Wesley and Isabella so you can see Wesley's face!
"Ha HA! I laugh in the face of danger!"
The pit crew

9 comments:

paynejandj said...

There is a sneak peek of our new driveway for you too!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures

Ranch Mom said...

I guess I haven't seen too many pictures of Wesley. I didn't recognize him in the first few pictures. He has really grown up.

Dad

Linda said...

I remember summers like that...they seemed much longer than this one I just had. zoom zoom.

Sharalea said...

LOVE YOUR SUMMER!! Maybe next summer we won't move, so we can spend more time ENJOYING and less time going from PROJECT to PROJECT. (ha!) I love your focus on FUN all the outside adventures! Looks like a blast! I want to live by you!!!

Lindsay said...

I liked Wesley's toes wrapped around the bar of the cart in that cute face picture.

The Miles Files said...

Looks like you had a great summer. You can tell how happy the kids are by the sweet smiles, and faces that say I AM HAVING A BLAST! I love summer- especially being carefree. Doing what you want, or not doing anything. Our summer flew by too. I was sad that it was time for back to school. But now that they are back in school, I think that I am ok with it. Life is a little more simple. It gives me something to look forward to- next summer.

D.B. said...

Nice, they're soo big.

Erin said...

yay for summer time, and siblings/cousins/friends to spend it with! :) mine went by way too fast also.