Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Great to be Three!


Wesley turned 3 years old on the 12th! He is so cute these days. The day before his birthday, we were at the grocery store and he told anyone who would listen "I almost free!" (that "th" thing as hard to get down). Do you want to guess what his special shapes cake was? I will give you a hint, look back at the Christmas post!

"I got a sword for my birfday!"



Besides the sword cake (which thanks to the encouragement of cousin Shara I made it with fondant. So fun! I am excited about the endless possibilities) Wesley got a tent for action figures (so cute- thanks Grandma Jackson) and a Richard Scarry Busy Town book from Grandma Payne (we love those books). And in case you didn't know, Wesley is slightly obsessed with Tarzan so he also got the Disney Tarzan movie. He slept with it that night. Maybe someday he will sleep with something normal- like a stuffed animal.

12 comments:

Sharalea said...

GO MAMA JOY!!! Love the cake, the design, the colors--MM fondant is AWESOME!! :) Now you have all kinds of MM creations in your future :)

Jamie said...

HAppy Birhtday Wesley!! My poor kids I have never made them a home made cake. I do not posses your talent. How fun:)

Ranch Mom said...

I will always remember Luke and Wesley getting up on Christmas morning and seeing the swords underneath their stockings and wondering whose they were. Then when I told them Santa left them for them they were in heaven. Funny how boys are about those kinds of things.

Dad

Ranch Mom said...

By the Way. All of the fotos are really nice. The ones of the family in the previous post and the later ones are done so well. I really appreciate it when I get to see fun pictures of the family.

Grandpa

Lindsay said...

Does MM fondant mean marshmallow fondant? Looks good, Joy!
Happy birfday Wesley.

Ranch Mom said...

Hi from SLC,
Wesley is such a fun boy! Wouldn't it be great if we could all get so excited about everything. His eyes just light up with pleasure many times a day. Wish we could have been there for the party, Wesley!
Grandma Payne

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

He reminds me of Peter in some of these photos...it's the hair.

Great job on the cake!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Happy Birthday Wesley! Yea for 3 yr old boys.

marlenegetsmail said...

And he is three! Oh boy, what a fun year you will have. Such a busy boy. Glad to hear about the birthday and see the pictures.I love these blogs-really love them. MOm

Candice said...

I can't believe he's 3! I should be able to, since Cub is as well. Time flies too quickly!

Cute cake!

Krista Payne said...

Happy B-day Wes! You did a great job on the cake! I bet the fondant was good!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Wesley! I love his cake (and Allie's too). Very creative.