Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tiny Tim

Luke is really excited about preschool on Monday. We had the parent meeting last Thursday and Luke got to come and see his classroom and playground. And then on Friday he got to have his 4 yr old booster shots done to be ready for preschool. He did... ok. He cried a little on the first 3 but the 4th was really painful. After a special trip to McDonald's playland and some french fries, he was well again. Until the late afternoon. He "suddenly" couldn't walk and was apparently in a lot of "pain". We cuddled on the couch for about an hour and even got to watch a little TV because he was not feeling well. I had about had it by the evening. This picture is from this morning after I helped him out of bed, put him on the bar stool for breakfast and then carried him down to play with his trains. My pobrecito crippled boy.

In case you were wondering, Wesley isn't the best company when you aren't well. He doesn't mind giving you a kick or pulling your hair to try to get you to respond and play back. Rascal.

7 comments:

Ranch Mom said...

I can see mischief in Wesley's eyes.

RanchDad

Ranch Mom said...

When Luke called Grandma the other day he was sure excited to get to go to school. He told her about his new booster seat for Dad's truck so Dad can take him to school.

Sorry Luke that you didn't feel well. Those shots can be trouble some times.

Dad

Anonymous said...

whoa, not walking? Is this normal for them after they get shots?

paynejandj said...

Peggy- it is totally NOT normal. This is the Y chromosome acting up in this case. One little tiny booboo and he suddenly can't bend his knees and has to shuffle walk. We have been laughing about his bandaids being like the last leaf. He keeps feeling better as each one comes off. We are going to sneak them all off tonight after he falls asleep.

In other words, he really is just fine and has been since we left the dr. office.

Pack of Robinsons said...

I feel his pain-even if there isn't any. I finally had to tell my kids that I didn't feel well, just so they would let me rest from all the night feedings. "I'm tired" just doesn't send the right message to little ones.

Anonymous said...

oh ok good. I was just concerned for my little buddy.

Wendy said...

That face! Like he's planning a prison break or something! Cute!