Friday, June 25, 2010

My baby is growing up!

My first baby that it is. Did you know that she lost her first tooth? And of course it was the first tooth that came in (never realized that is how it works). But I am getting ahead of myself here. Well, actually, I am behind but whatever.
The end of May brought a lot of firsts, much excitement and a lot finality. Allie had her last mini dance recital for ballet. She was beautiful, like watching a graceful rose petal. Ok, she is 6. She liked ballet but after the first week or so she said she didn't need anymore lessons because she already knew how to dance. We committed to one year of it so now, that is the end of dance for us.

She had her first last day of school. She was excited about that and that Grandpa was in town to get to be there for her last-day-of-school-kindergarten-picnic (I am so glad they don't do kindergarten "graduation"). She also went bowling for the first time the week before on a very fun field trip.

She ran her first 5k. Ok, she walked while her mom dragged her almost the entire way. The last 200 yards she agreed to run across the finish line.

Toward the end you can kind of see that she sort of wasn't soooo miserable. Still not sure if she enjoyed it in the end.

She also drove her first tractor... but more to come on that shortly.

9 comments:

paynejandj said...

Lindsay- Allie was excited to finally get to use the special tooth fairy pillowcase that you made for the occasion. It really made it fun and sure enough, the tooth fairy came that night.

Ranch Mom said...

Is the tooth fairy up to five bucks yet? No? How cheep!

Dad

Ranch Mom said...

Or is it cheap?

Ranch Mom said...

What a cute little girl. I wish I could have been there for her recital. It looks like she was really doing well. she really is growing up.

Dad.

D.B. said...

first tooth huh, that's crazy, teagan has lost 4 or 5, anyway, glad we only had to commit to one month of ballet :) good job on the 5k!

Erin said...

Wow, little Allie is growing up! I remember when she was a little baby in a stroller.

Kristyn said...

A 5k, Joy? While pregnant? How far along are you?? You HAVE to do one while 5 months - so invigorating! :)

paynejandj said...

You can't tell by the bagginess of my shirt and the fact that my number sat on/over my belly. But I was right around 4 1/2 months pregnant for the 5k.

I better hurry and do one if I am going to do a 5k at 5 months because we are there now.

Sharalea said...

What a big girl she is! Love the dancing photos--looks like she has been having alot of fun...
...and!!! A 5K while prego! Well done, Joy (and Kristyn too!)--impressive!!