Thursday, April 29, 2010

Double Trouble

For the record: You were right. You were all right- all of those who have known Luke and watched him growing up and then lovingly warned us when we found out Wesley was going to be a boy. You all said basically "Uh oh, you are in for it. TWO boys!" I am sure not all two boys are like this. But mine are. At first the instigator was Luke, but Wesley has learned the Ways of the Master.

Case in point: One very very bad day in January, shortly after our return from the Christmas travels, I went into my room to find that all the dirty laundry from the trip and all of the clean and carefully sorted laundry had been piled together into one huge enormous pile and then thrown everywhere! Ugh! That really really grosses me out to have the clean and dirty clothes mixed together. I was rather upset. I didn't take a picture of the huge mess scattered all over the room. Instead I set to work at smelling and separating everything.

This is what happened next:
While separating the clothes, the boys went into the living room, ripped every single leaf off the little tree in the purple pot, de-planted (is that a word?) it's baby brother tree and started removing the leaves from my tall tree. No need to mention plant soil all over the newly cleaned carpet. I was beside myself. Too-angry-to-even-scream kind of mad. I sent them to their room where they giggled and played and asked if they could come out 100 times.

It did not end there. Two to three pounds of dry chick peas/garbanzo beans all over the kitchen, down the hall, into their bedroom. Do you realize how easily dry hard garbanzo beans can roll on a wood floor? It is like a thousand mini marbles- they go every where! You can imagine how I felt that night when Jason walked in the door.

That was a bad day.

Within a number of days of that- I walked into the bathroom to find the toilet overflowing with clothes and toys. Never took a picture. According to Luke, it was Wesley's idea.

You just know these two lay in bed and conspire against us at night:

Yes, they sleep in the same bed even though Wesley has his own. They nap together too most of the time (little piece of heaven).

But it is not always fun and games between the two of them. Back in February we got a lot of comments like "I didn't know you had a cat".
Almost. His name is Wesley.

Here is a photo from a couple of weeks ago:
The scars are still there. They match with the one below his lip that he got when he was 18 months and ran into the fireplace... and the one on his chin when he was 2.

And these next photos could be titled: Why we really need/want to put our backyard back together.

In case you were wondering, I am feeling so much better. Hooray. And thank goodness.
I am just pleased to report that the house has not burned down... yet.


Have a good day!

17 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

are you pregnant with twins????

paynejandj said...

Molly you commented even before I could get through editing and posting all of the photos. You are quick!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Two boys...ah yes, I know how you feel. Like shortly after we brought Grant home from the hospital and Jack dropped a Mack truck on his face just to see what would happen...And the other time Jack ticked Grant off, so Grant went and peed all over Jack's bed (Jenny caught Grant standing over his pillow and letting the river run.) Good times.

Ranch Mom said...

I don't know what to say. But, I liked the post.

Ranchdad

Lindsay said...

Hoo boy. They sure are cute, though.

Ranch Mom said...

Can you hear me chuckling all the way from FL ????? MOM

PS, What happened when they were in FL, had you warned them about mean grandma?? They were really good while they were here!

paynejandj said...

There is just waaay too many fun and interesting things at Grandma and Grandpa's house to ever have the need to make your own fun.

Sharalea said...

wow.

**really glad you're feeling better!!**

and. um. gulp.

Anonymous said...

wow.. I mean I hear about this type of stuff.. but I thought it was a myth! Kids can really be like this?! wow.. those are some really great pictures though. I love the one of them holding hands in bed.

Linda said...

Wow. You are going to wind up VERY patient, me thinks! I love that they want to sleep together!

So...are you hoping for a girl this time?

D.B. said...

well, i hesitate to say this, but I'm glad mine haven't done that, not sure they would still be with us. they did do that to some outdoor plants in PA, but outside is better than inside, gotta go good luck

The Miles Files said...

Wow, you guys. That made me laugh- but I also can't imagine how frustrated you must have been, especially when you are not feeling well. It is a good thing that mothers love their kids. :) Someday these are the stories that are going to be hysterical to you all.

PS- I know I have said this many times before, but every time I look at Luke, IT'S JASON!!!! I love his haircut.

Harold Jackson said...

Oh Joy, I can't help but chuckle and think of Glenn & Rex when they were that age. Plenty of mischief, like drawing targets on their bums with magic markers! All I can say is hang in there and roll with the punches. Love ya lots
Uncle Harold

Klingler said...

Aren't boys a delight? Mine give me a run for my money too. I'm excited to go camping this summer! Yay!!!

Payne-ic Attack said...

That is CRAZY! Glad you're feeling better. What's this about twins??

Kristyn said...

Oh my I am DYING right now!! But I've got to be honest, like the Miles Files said, those are totally the stories they'll tell when they're all grown up and reminscing about their awesome, exploratory childhood.

People have told me that with two boys I need to buy a big house with a humongous backyard. Right. Not gonna happen. But I can see what they mean in that boys need to run around and play and be boys. Obviously you know this, and you were venting, not looking for an answer or whatever (and hello, your kids are older than mine) but I kind of love it when kids have childhoods like this. Messes will get cleaned up but the fun will not soon be forgotten! I feel a little silly writing this since you are a much more experienced mom, but this was on my mind already before reading this post, so you get my mouthful!

A Bunch of Paynes said...

ohh! Ohhh! OHHH! Those were the comments in my head on this post. OhhhHH! I would not have wanted to be you and I would not have wanted to be Jason. But maybe I'd be Wesley or Luke. They were having fun. ;P