Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wesley Payne Goes to School


 Wesley had his first day of school!  They have the kindergartners start two days after the older kids so they can schedule personal interviews with the teachers, parents, and new kindergartners in their new class.  And then the morning of the first day, the PTO puts on the "Boohoo Breakfast" so that moms can cry over milk and muffins as they allow their babies to walk out the door and grow-up.  I am not sure if it is cruel or kind.  



Wesley was excited and nervous but really mostly excited.  I was slightly emotionally but I did not blubber.  I promise.  I gave him a big hug... and then I let him go.  AND THEN I had one of the most peaceful days I have had in a very long time.


It was exciting to seem them all get off the bus that day.  Wyatt and Rachel seemed excited too- like the house had been entirely too quiet for entirely too long.

6 comments:

Ranch Mom said...

Is going to kindergarten the first step in keeping the commandment to leave father and mother?

Looks like Wesley was doing fine. Mom did fine too. It is fun and scary to see your kids grow up, isn't it?

Dad

D.B. said...

How'd his teacher do? :)

Ilene said...

How fun! I love the thought of a boo hoo breakfast. It would be fun to get to know some of the parents.

Sharalea said...

Yay for the first days of school! Schoolbuses, boo hoo days, and happy smiles :) Love this time of year :)

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I never tire of those pink pants on you. Love them. And I love that you are getting some more peaceful days around the house. Go Wesley!

Sam said...

He is growing up so fast! I remember when he was just a mischeivious little pink giggle ball. Not little any more!