Saturday, April 20, 2013

Boy Oh Boy oh Birthday Boy

Luke is 7 years old now!  Can you believe it?!
 The "needed" gift- a new backpack.  I am so glad he was excited about it too.

We do birthday parties every other year starting at 7 so this was Luke's first birthday party.  I felt so stressed and frustrated with how Allie's party went that I wanted to make it simple.  Our friends' daughter had a birthday the same weekend so I came up with a plan to rent a bounce house for 24hr and we would split the cost.  It would be a generic one that would be used for Elena's birthday party Friday evening and then we would haul it over to our house for the Saturday AM party.  When I told the company my plan over the phone the guy hesitated.  He told me it was really heavy.  "That's ok.  We have wagons and things like that.  We can manage."  I don't think he believed me so long story short- we got TWO bounce houses for more than 24 hours -one girl themed and one boy themed- for the price of one.  And let me tell you- bounce houses are still fun even as adults!
 When they told me what the bounce house would be... well a party theme was born!
Not all of the boys wanted to be in the photo (Cousin Jacob :( ).  But each of the boys got to take home a monster truck from off of the cake.

6 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

Coolest theme ever! Way to work it Joy!

Ranch Mom said...

I Love your Family picture, it is so cute! Luke's party looks like a lot of fun - how lucky to get to play in two bounce houses.

Krista Payne said...

The whole party looked like fun to me. We all wished we could have been there too. Happy Birthday Luke!

Lindsay said...

That is an awesome bouncy house. I'll bet it was a blast. Happy birthday to Luke!

Erin said...

Happy birthday Lukie!

Sharalea said...

Great deal on the bounce house---how FUN. What a great party!!

We are planning to do parties at 5, 8, 12, & 16--so next month will be my first one! SO excited. You do great parties & great cakes! :)