Friday, January 18, 2013

Wesley's 5th Birthday

Our kids are at a really fun age where they have realized that anyone's birthday is a holiday for everyone.  Everyone gets cake and ice cream and everyone is going to get a chance to play with some new toys.  We loved  celebrating Wesley in our life!  He is worth celebrating!
I think this was one of my favorite cakes.  It was so fun to surprise the kids with it when they got home from the park with Dad.  I was of course thrilled that they knew what/who it was supposed to be.  It's DARK chocolate (ha ha ha)!



Thanks grandmas and grandpas for the special gifts!
Rachel is always ready to make us laugh!  She eats up the attention.  Uli isn't this your coat?


Love the smart girl look!  These were the Dollar Store sunglasses that I bought for the Darth Vader cake (popped out the lenses).

6 comments:

Wendy said...

That is an amazing cake! I'm very impressed! I can't believe how old Wes is! Happy Birthday Wesley!

Lindsay said...

Dark chocolate is making me laugh. Cute cake and cute kids!

Ilene said...

Awesome! Did you think of that cake yourself, of did you find it online? Nice job, and we're glad Wesley is 5 and has the best birthday too!

Jason and Joy said...

Wesley and Luke first called him Dark Mater, now he is Dark Vader. I like Joy's Dark Chocolate. I think this was one of Joy's best creations- she was super excited about it (from her left brain as usual). We call them special shape cakes (in honor of special shape balloons at the Balloon Fiesta). I can't wait for my birthday. -Jason

Sharalea said...

Happy Birthday Mr. W!

What a cake! Way to go Mama!!

I wonder if I'm not doing my job as a parent...my kids have no idea who darth vader is!

Ranch Mom said...

What a great Birthday for Wesley- the cake is fabulous! I loved the pics of Rachel too, she is such a cute little girl and full of personality. MOM