Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I WON!!! I WON!!!


*25 days until my due date in case you were wondering!

If you read the earlier post, you know that we took a trip to uptown to play in the water. Knowing what it is like when my kids get wet, I decided to bring and change of clothes and a towel for them. Because wet whining kids are really not fun. I know from experience. Aunt Keri didn't come quite as prepared so jokingly I said something like "Well I guess I am the Better Mom". Just a dumb comment that afterward made me worry and think "She does know I am joking right? I probably shouldn't have said that. Why don't I think these things through?! Ugh, that probably came out totally wrong." Today she called and said she had a couple of things for me. One- peach crisp (which was absolutely DELICIOUS of course because Keri is a very good cook!) and two- the award for being The Better Mother! She ceremoniously presented it to me with a card that read "For remembering a change of clothes for her dripping wet children, I award this totally transferable "BETTER MOM" Award to Joy Payne on 8/14/2012." It was a very exciting and emotional moment for me. sniff. And I couldn't stop laughing!

Keri of course made the award- cut out of wood and painted silver and gold. She is the type of person who can do ANYTHING and it always turns out amazing, tastes incredible and she looks gorgeous doing it. And she is so fun and so nice that while you may be doing a somersault and she is doing a triple flip back handspring twist, you don't feel like a loser. You know what I mean?

Now- the caveat to the award... it is, as she stated, totally transferable. Which is why I basically lost the award moments later when I went to pick up Allie from gymnastics. And I was totally late. And she was crying. Because she was certain I had forgotten about her. :(

4 comments:

A Bunch of Paynes said...

I think I made you late...or your other kids made you late...or let's just blame the deer that we were all looking at. Obviously if there were no other factors involved (people or animal), you would have been early, found the best parking spot, and thrown together a nice healthy salad for dinner (because you'd just gone grocery shopping), while you waited five relaxing minutes for Allie.
Obviously.

Ranch Mom said...

I have to agree that Keri is totally awesome, but I think you are both great Moms! Isn't it fun to have such a great friend -- and to be related to her as well? If I had any crafty talents I'd make you an award, the Mother of Five Award.
Pat

Becky said...

Love it!

Lindsay said...

That is great.