Monday, July 30, 2012

Monsoon Rains

Why was she naked?! I honestly cannot remember... and it was only last week. It rained almost every afternoon which was so nice and refreshing! I think Rachel must have gotten out of a bath but when she saw the rain (notice the splashing drops in the pool) and her ball she could NOT be contained.

In other news, we figured out what was getting into our garden. No it was not the children who picked my nicely growing watermelon. It was a squirrel. So Jason bought a live trap and we set it up. Within 24 hours we had her! Unfortunately... she did not make it. Our intention was to catch her alive and then let her out somewhere else. I don't know if she died of fright or what did her in but she was no longer moving when the kids and dad loaded her into the back of the truck to drop her off in the woods somewhere. She did die full and happy though. The bate was completely eaten. And what did we bate her with?

Watermelon.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Rachel does look happy. I love those summer rainstorms too.

Pack of Robinsons said...

Your grass looks great! I bet your garden is just as green. My pumpkins are dieing. I'm hoping I just planted to soon, and we'll give it another try. Fun summer picture of Rachel for sure!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Funny post! Loved it. I wonder if I will ever live somewhere where I can have a garden. I wonder if I'll ever have the energy to have a garden. ? How are you feeling?? How's little baby boy Payne in your tummy?

Sharalea said...

Awesome photo & love your beautiful green grass!!

Poor little squirrel--who knew they ate watermelon?