Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Family Staycation

With Jason working a lot and traveling and of course I am "great with child" and running a little low on energy and patience... well we really needed a little vacation.  So we booked our stay at a local hotel that has a waterpark attached.  We had a great time.  The hotel?  Eh- dated and not that clean (they really needed someone to vacuum the hallways).  The rooms were fine, but just fine.  The waterpark was really fun but overpriced and they nickle and dimed you for everything.  From the kids point of view, it was AWESOME!  We (the parents) really really enjoyed ourselves, but we were a little disappointed especially after the hype and planning and the professional photos (I know, I know... what was I thinking).  We loved our weekend stay but just thought you ought to know in case you were considering coming to Albuquerque just for this attraction.  Speaking of photos... these are the not-so-blurry ones since we only had our crummy point and shoot camera with us.
Having trouble with the videos... check back later.  This hopefully is one of Allie or Jason surfing! (Ok- took all morning and nothing.  Jason will have to insert videos here later because I cannot get it to work).  :(







3 comments:

Ranch Mom said...

What a great idea! Your kids will remember this as a wonderful family time. MOM

Sharalea said...

SUPERMOM.

Krista Payne said...

The boys look like me when I was 12 years old wearing a life vest. I'm sure they swim better now than I did then!