Saturday, January 28, 2012

Allie's Baptism Day

Allie wore the same dress that my sisters and I wore after our baptism. It was so fun to see it again and to see her in it. Allie felt very loved by all of those who were able to come to her baptism to celebrate with her.
Cousin Haley was baptized 3 months ago. We are glad they made the quick trip from AZ to come and be apart of the celebration.

"My day was A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!!!!!!!!!!When I was in the water I felt fat.The soot [suit] just barely fit.
I felt like nothing before when I came out of the water.  I felt as an angel.  I felt soooo astonished of how many people came [to my baptism].  I am glad that there is the Holy Ghost and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ."       - Allie Payne

We like Allie's description of feeling weighted by sin and then clean and pure and LIGHT when coming out of the water- totally new.  It really was a very special day and we were so grateful to family and friends who were able to come and witness and celebrate her big day.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations to Allie. How awesome that she got to wear your dress. What a sweet testimony from a beautiful girl.

Ranch Mom said...

Allie, grandpa and I felt so badly when we had to miss your baptism! We were planning to go, but Grandpa couldn't travel yet because of his crutches. You looked so beautiful in your dress. We loved your comments after you were baptized, you were very well prepared by your parents. We love you very much,
Grandma and Grandpa Payne

Sharalea said...

Congratulations, Allie! What an awesome day. You look beautiful and radiant--all clean & pure!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations to you, Allie! You are a good example for your younger cousins.

We had a fun time seeing Uncle Jason for a little bit yesterday.

Love,
the Halgren kids

Pack of Robinsons said...

Allie, We were so glad to be there and share your baptism day with you. (Even though Hailey tried to fight Aunt Joy for a seat next to you. Mom's always win but cousin are a close second of those who love you.)